Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Sorry for the blogging hiatus, I've had a couple I started but never completed. School is done and I am trying to adjust to summer. Took the family to our favorite "white trash" drive-in theater last night for the new Harry Potter movie. If your wondering if I'm influencing my kids in witchcraft, know that I want them to grow up with a worldview that includes the mystical and the powers of the supernatural. The teacheable moment is that there are no neutral powers in the world, there is God and the enemy, no hocus pocus.

i need to retreat. I need to cleanse my soul. I know I have junk laying around my heart that doesn't need to be there. I want my heart to be in tune with Abba again. I want experience His presence that can only come with solitude and time spent with Him. I want to worship the way I connect with him. Usually involves some driving, some rage, some weeping, some reflecting, some prayer, some prophetic yearnings, worshipping again in thanksgiving etc. etc. Then when I'm clean, I can read his Truths and allow their power to do some foundation work within. Bread that makes your hunger go away, water that makes you forget your thirst. When I take the time to be with Him, I find that Jesus is all that he claimed to be and more. I need some time away. I have to put this intention into action.

If you haven't listened to Pedro the Lion, you need to. Palmer and Joe Long have influenced me here and its good stuff. Kind of punk, kind of melodic alternative, kind of its own thing. Honest, raw, spiritual, passionate, haunting, everything I love in good music.

peace to you and your house.

No comments: