Saturday, June 28, 2003

Forgive me Father for I have sinned . . . its been 3 weeks since my last blog, I desire to turn from my sin and seek the good graces of my web community. (insert time here for my 6 recitals of The Lord's Prayer, 4 Hail Mary's (just for you Creech) and 1 jumbled rendition of the Apostle's Creed as far as I remember from my catholic school ubringing). Now my penance is complete and I can return to bloghood free and clean of my stained past. Redemption is oh so sweet.

Since I left you last I spent a week in Florida moving my Alzheimer's grandmother out of her home in Florida to an assisted living apartment here in Cincy. I attempted the move with my parents and it was at times a nightmare. My grandmother has always been a control freak and high achieving leader type and we butted heads all week. She lost everything and can't remember a thing but wants total control of all things. If this is where I'm heading 50 years from now, somebody shoot me first and when we get to heaven we'll all laugh about it :) The moving truck I drove back to Cincy was brand new but needed structural repairs that Penske never quite figured out. I couldn't keep the truck on the highway because of a disconnect with the sway-bar which made for white knuckle driving. What should have been a 16 hour trip took 2 1/2 days. The only good part was staying overnight in Atlanta and hitting the Buckhead district. Very cool nightspot and had dinner at one of the best Irish Pubs I've visited, great food and properly poured Guiness :) She is now moved in and starting to settle into a routine with some structure. The fog has lifted, her and I are on good terms now and life is settled down. This was a way more high stress event than I anticipated which accounted for some of the blogless activity.

There is so much good stuff going on that I want to rave about that will be coming in the next few days. Thanks for your patience and in the words of the most honorable George Costanza from Seinfeld, "I'm Back Baby!!"

peace,
Chris

No comments: