Tuesday, January 22, 2008

New York New York


Just got back from 4 days in New York City with my wife to celebrate our 15th year of marriage. I really hadn't been there since I was in junior high but it was good to get back to the east coast for some great food and culture. We took in a couple Broadways shows (Wicked and Monty Python Spamalot), ate some great meals and generally had a blast. We did a ton of walking in the bitter cold but several trips to Starbucks helped mask the cold. We saw so much of the city in 4 days: Times Square, Central Park, 5th and Madison ave., Macy's and Empire State Building, ground zero, statue of liberty, SoHo, Greenwich Village, Chinatown, Wall st. etc. Its a pretty amazing city.

Here is a plug for the Skybus airlines. We got the deal cuz I jumped on it early for $10 one way flights from Columbus to Newburgh, NY about 55 miles north of the city. We took a bus shuttle and train from there and it worked flawlessly with no hassle. We also stayed at a great hotel in midtown Manhattan thanks to Hotwire for about 30% of its normal price.

The highlight in the city that never sleeps was time spent with my wife. She is truly my life companion and we just always click when we are together. After 15 years, the honeymoon continues. It was like a 4 day date and I'm already wanting to plan next year's trip. I'm blessed to have found someone not only that I can spend the rest of my life with but the peson I want to spend the rest of my life with.

Good to be home with the kids, but I miss New York already.

peace,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's encouraging to hear positive marriage comments rather than the usual negative "wait til the honeymoon's over" comments. From a guy who still believes there is such a thing as a healthy marriage, but hasn't had the best life experience so far...thanks Chris, for your encouraging words (as you always have). Good to hear that you still WANT to be with the person you CAN be with for the rest of your life:->

site said...

This can't actually work, I suppose like this.