Sunday, August 10, 2003

3:00 p.m. local time and I am now back in Kiev. The meeting I spoke at last night before leaving for Kiev was mostly young guys who were converted out of drug addiction. Finally, my type of crowd. So I dropped the hammer and let loose a little passion, it was fun to be myself and get the audience tracking with the restless heart of God and his passionate pursuit of his missing children. The taxi took only 3 1/2 hours where the bus ride previous took 5 hours from Kiev to Rivne. I spent the night in the apartment of Vova, a stud of a missional community planter. We have such kindred visions and passions for church planting. He is teaching me as much as I to him. This has been the best part of my trip. He is also an artist with leather and he is customizing a leather cover for my little travel Bible. These people rock in hospitality! I have learned so much about how I want to host people in my home. It was amazing to hear him talk about his growing community of young professionals and students in urban Kiev. The Spirit has already planted the virus here and I'm just affirming it for them. Friends, we're on the cusp of something huge! We visited an ancient monastery here in Kiev and walked in the catacombs where the monks of old are mummified under glass and worshipped by the Orthodox. It was a bit creepy but cool. I took Vova (missional community guy) and one of his ministry partners to "T.G.I. Fridays" here in Kiev and stuffed them with potato skins, huge cheeseburgers and Oreo sundae = the american meal. They loved it but are stuffed, they never eat that much. It was my first american food in 10 days and it was AWESOME. I stay in Kiev again tonight, shop in the morning, fly to Vienna on Monday afternoon, eat dinner and tour Vienna, stay in Vienna, fly out of Vienna on Tuesday morning and head to Dublin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Green Island is calling me, can't wait to see Craig.
Thanks for all your prayers, support and watching after my family. The Kingdom is so sweet, regardless of what side of the ocean you are on. Keep rockin' in the free world.

peace,

No comments: