Monday, November 03, 2003

"Everytime you listen with great attentiveness to the voice that calls you the Beloved, you will discover within yourself a desire to hear that voice longer and more deeply. It is like discovering a well in the desert. Once you have touched wet ground, you want to dig deeper." - Nouwen, Life of the Beloved

I've been talking a lot lately about portals to the Kingdom that are all around us and that we have access to through the Spirit of Christ. What this passage from Nouwen reminded me of is that there is a portal within us as well. Christ dwells within us and whispers to us all day long, calling us His Beloved. If I quiet myself, quiet my heart, quiet my mind, quiet my body and its cravings, I hear this voice and it spurs me to dig deeper and hear that voice more clearly. I long for communion with Christ today. I am intentionally seeking to quiet my being in the coming weeks. Seeking wholeness spiritually, emotionally, mentally and physically. I want to live in and experience my Belovedness. Some portals are outside of us, in the universe, just waiting to be discovered. But there is another portal, another access point that dwells within us. Christ has pitched a tent right in the middle of our brokenness and said, "I want in". Stop and commune with the Spirit of Christ today.

peace,

No comments: