Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Met with Dan Peterson last night, the exec. director of our church planting family and had a great time for dinner in our home. He just got back from the Ukraine a few weeks ago and reported that the leaders of the church planting movement over there have vehemently requested that "Chris Marshall" guy come back to talk with the younger leaders/planters about this missional community gig. So now its decision time again. Here's how I see it. If I go back, my wife Nicki has to come with me, no exceptions. As well, we would stay in Kiev and hang with the house church network that I partnered with last summer and throw a bunch of parties with them for their urban neighborhood. So, if I go back, I not only want Nicki with me, I'd love to bring a larger team from Ordinary Community or the larger network of missional communities around who are interested in a cross-cultural adventure to the former Soviet Union (with a stop in Paris most likely) and to spread the virus of organic, missional thinking across the globe. I'm requesting prayer for the decision, cuz finances have to follow, and I'm wondering if anyone else out there is up for the adventure. Dates are July 28-August 10. Nicki and I, if we go, will probably spend a few extra days in Paris on the trip back just to re-kindle our romance (wink, wink, nudge, nudge).

Acts 1:8, "And when the Holy Spirit comes on you, you will be able to be my witnesses in Jerusalem, all over Judea, and Samaria, even to the ends of the world."

Who's feeling it?

peace,

No comments: