Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Nightmares

What exactly is a nightmare?

Are they purely a manifestation of the sub-conscious? Are they a mixture of anxieties and memories? Are they an unstable imagination run wild?

Or are they far more metaphysical? Are they at least partially visits from the other side? Are they tools of attack from an overtly evil spiritual realm? Are they wake-up calls towards a life lived in war and to shake us from our slumber? Are they not even my axieties but the fears and pain of those I'm praying for and am empathizing with? Are they the Spirit's way of helping us bear one anothers burden? If I take on some of the pain, does it lessen to blow to another?

Whatever they are, I'm having them almost nightly lately. Last night was vivid and still living in my day now. They are stark visions, full of pain and loss. Torment, anguish, helplessness . . . its like I'm seeing into another realm and I don't like it. I can't control them, so I'm just being descriptive.

If any of you have the gift of interpretation, I'm all ears.

Stop and notice the Kingdom around you today,

No comments: