Thursday, March 20, 2008

X Madness


Ok, I'm a pretty big Xavier University Musketeer fan and this is one of the best all around teams we've had in a long time. We have potential to do a lot of damage to some brackets as a #3 seed in the West. Senior guards, inside-out game, very athletic, strong defense, tough schedule and a deep bench. That is a recipe for a deep run, but there is a reason they call it "March Madness" because you just never know. Today is Georgia, a freekishly hot team coming off their SEC tourney championship, but this was after a sub-par regular season. Xavier is clearly more talented, but Georgia more than anyone else in the tournament is truly playing with the house money which makes them dangerous. I don't want a close game today, my heart can't handle it. But I'll take a close victory over having to pack up my X gear for the summer by this afternoon.

This is a beautiful time of year, amateur sports at its best (well, amateurs producing billions of dollars for others).

I'm posting today to support my Jesuit Catholic brothers from the Nati. Let's go X!

peace to your madness,

No comments: