Friday, September 12, 2008

Collision at the Coliseum




I updated this post reflecting back now below:


OH - IO!!

Alright, well here we go again. THE Ohio State Buckeyes find themselves in another huge spotlight game coming off of 2 embarassing performances in the past couple National Championship games. By the way, we get tons of smack for that, but I was just wondering where your teams were when we were in the championship game? just checking ;)


So, Chris "Beanie" Wells may or may not play cuz of his toe injury. I'm not sure if that's going to be the difference maker anyway.
Here is my breakdown:
- Can Ohio State overcome big plays early to keep the L.A. Coliseum crowd from being a factor? Nope, they didn't
- Boekman or Pryor at QB for the Bucks? I think if Pryor plays a lot then the Bucks are in trouble and desperate. If Boekman plays the majority of the game it means we're in control of the tempo and momentum. Buckeyes got desperate
- 2 great defenses with lots of playmakers, who will force the most turnovers? USC did easily
- Execution, Ohio State cannot afford to leave any points on the field. Down 14-3, chance to make it 14-10 going into halftime had TD taken back cuz of holding penalty then missed Field goal.

My prediction:
Even though there are 2 great defenses, I see a lot of big plays in this game so it won't be so low scoring.
The Ohio State University Buckeyes 28
University of Southern California 27

We lost big time!

have a blessed weekend,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some collision....it was men vs. boys....USC were the real MEN of Troy last night!!!

Marsh said...

Bob, I'm trying to think of a comeback . . . maybe it'll come to me in a few months.

good grief, i was actually glad to be at a wedding and miss most of that debacle.

billbean said...

It's a long time 'til bowl season.

So Bowen is a USC fan? Or does he just not like Buckeyes.

site said...

It will not truly have success, I feel like this.