Friday, September 24, 2004

I'm a big fan of fridays, especially in the fall when football season is at full speed. Football has always been a diversion for me in my life, its something I'm genuinely interested in and hope to continue my coaching career in the future. (come on, Zach, keep growing!) Tonight I will check out our high school game, tommorrow is college football day with the Buckeyes playing at night and this Sunday is reserved for tailgating starting at 8:30 a.m. for a 1:00 Bengals game. 6 of us guys are going down to tailgate and meeting up with a host of other folk down there we know with shouts of "Who Dey?" heard at all times. Its community time :) My prediction: Bengals 17 Ravens 14.

I've been in a season of real encouragement of late. Just appreciating all that God has given me and all that he has provided for me. It wasn't but a few years back that I felt so unstable, unsure if I could provide for my family and do something I love. And now I can say that we are doing just fine, all of our needs are covered, and a few wants as well. I'm teaching what I love to teach and seeing the results of that investment almost daily. I belong to a community of faith that is seeking out with true authenticity what it means to be the people of God for the sake of the world. Having grown up without a Dad around, I am enjoying immensely the role of Dad to my kids. They are so much fun and I just relax when I'm around them. I have been blessed with the wife of my youth and each day I find new reasons to respect her and admire her, she's an amazingly caring/thoughtful person. I am living in the days of Kingdom come and today I stop to appreciate that the Gospel has been good news to me.

"You're blessed when you're content with just who you are - no more, no less. That's the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can't be bought." - Jesus
(Matthew 5, The Message)

peace of Christ unto your weekend,

No comments: