Sunday, September 26, 2004

Ok, the Bengals stunk today but I had an absolute blast!! Tailgating with Joe Long, Glenn Johnson and the 3 McGillivary brothers starting at 8:00 a.m. Cornhole, football throwing, charcoal grilling, listening to the ultimate Bengal tailgate CD mixed by D.J. j-long with a few thousand of our closest friends. Tailgating is just an amazing piece of American culture. It has all the makings of religious fanaticism. My highlight was walking over with Joe to the "Bengal Bus" which is owned by a friend of his. Met up with about 5 of my wife's cousins and a hoard of other crazy Bengal fans in which we packed into the Bus which is completely decked out in leather lazy boy chairs, bar stools, bengal stripe carpeting, surround sound, DVD player, bathroom and the works. I was able to be a part of their ritual of a 12:05 pep-talk from coach Wallace. That's William Wallace. They put in the Braveheart DVD for the famous "speech" and battle scene where they confront and defeat the English at Stirling. It was blaring, 25 guys sitting on top of each other, crammed in a small bus painted in Bengals stripes screaming like Celtic Warriors getting pumped up beyond measure, better than any pep rally I've ever been to. The testasterone was oozing. After screaming in the bus for 15 min. we poured out and got to the stadium for a Bengal loss :(
it was just so much fun being in the party, so much fun being with some of my favorite people, so much fun being around football in the fall. thanks to my wife for giving me the day off to do what I love to do, which is party with my friends. hope your weekend was well and now its back to work.

peace,

No comments: