Sunday, September 12, 2004

Not a Banner Weekend

Left work early on Friday and then proceeded for the next 24 hours to have a fever that I could not get under control. Was up all night on friday and later the day on Saturday it started getting worse. At about 8:00, Nicki checked my temperature and I was approaching 105 degrees and had sustained that for about 30 hours. So we loaded up the car with the kids and headed to the only thing that was open, the E.R. I felt like I was going to lose consciousness in the waiting room. I had about 3000 mg. of aspirin in me and that finally broke my fever. After an hour of sweating it out profusely (sorry for the details) they hooked me up to an I.V. to stop the dehydration and administer stronger anti-biotics. After 2 hours of IV, they let me go home. The diagnosis: Strep throat combined with a nasty sinus infection. My sicknesses tend to be like my personality, all or nothing. I can't just get the sniffles, I have to go to the ER with a 105 fever. I scared my wife and kids, they don't like seeing me that sick. Trying to do nothing but rest, drugs and NFL football today. (sorry guys, i have to cancel student house church again, you don't want a piece of this action)

thanks for your prayers out there. all of these things have me thinking about getting this "earth suit" more healthy and taking better care of myself. My wife said this morning that her ministry is keeping me alive so that I can affect others (or infect others) with Kingdom teaching. I like the sound of that.

peace,

1 comment:

site said...

It will not succeed in reality, that's exactly what I think.