Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Remembering 9/11

I must be a glutton for punishment and I had no real plan for this, but today I was able to leave work a bit early and went and saw "The World Trade Center". On my way home, I still needed another movie, so I rented "Flight 93". Geesh, pretty rough. I had no intention of seeing either movie, just feels too soon, but yet today I saw both. I'm not much of an American rah rah guy, and I'm not a follower of civil religion and I believe God is blessing the world, not just America. But 9/11 is a sad day as an American citizen. Its not just the evil that terrorized the planes, it was evil in the name of God.

As politicians use it for their personal gain, its all just a loss. A loss for human beings. I long for a Kingdom that is coming and it is still not yet. My heart breaks for every family personally affected by the events of 9/11. At the same time, my heart breaks for the atrocities happening tonight, in other countries. Events I'll never hear about but steeped in hate and violence. Our world is broken, I long for the Resurrection.

peace,

No comments: