Monday, February 09, 2004

For my wife and I, our primary calling is as missionaries. We are not church planters or pastors primarily, we see ourselves as called by God to live amongst a people with the intention of seeing His Kingdom come amongst them. One of my primary passions is what is historicaly called "evangelism" and I certainly have a different view of what that is now than I did when I started out. But there is always a tension point with Romans 12: "Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out." (The Message)

Pope Paul VI said, "It is not a good thing to be promised to the world or unite ourselves with its thoughts, customs and tastes; but instead we should study it, love it and serve it." These seem to be words of wisdom for those of us seeking to live a missional life.

Stop and give away the Kingdom today.

peace,

No comments: