Friday, February 27, 2004

Good morning, its friday and that's just alright with me. Go read K-rains blog today re: Jesus at the Pub. It is the point of what missional communities are about.

Went and saw "The Passion" with the fight club boyz on Wednesday night and I am just now kind of ready to talk about it. It is overwhelming. This is not a movie that you say that you "liked" or didn't, its just a movie you said you saw. I literally was in clinical shock for about the 24 hour period following. I describe it as "horrifically beautiful". I think I can even say that it might have actually changed me, it was that profound an experience for me. Watching the Jesus who has carried me through so many trials in my life, who has blessed me beyond measure, who has inspired the man that I am becoming was like taking a travel in time and actually being there. The implications of that cross continues to be overwhelming to me. The Kingdom has come. The Kingdom has conquered. The Kingdom is ultimate reality. I want to say !@#$ religon. It is so trite, so trivial, not even close to the profound "veritas" (truth) of the cross. Jesus is not to be a marketing ploy, he is to be the Lion of Judah who once let out of his cage, will devour the foolish thinking of this world. It is this Jesus that I serve. It is in him that I swear singular allegiance. He has all of me and in him I have found fullness. While driving home after the movie, I began to pray and cry a bit. My only words were, "I hope that I get even close to teaching your truth". I mean, if I'm even in the ballpark it will set captives free, give sight to the blind, hope to the hopeless, love in the darkness and resurrection to the dead. I'm tired of small thinking and obsessive compulsive theologies that are all about control and keeping the Lion in his cage. Following the Jesus of Nazareth who was born to be the Christ is leading a rebellion against our sinful nature and man made religion.

I close with the words of Paul at the closing of Philippians 3. "But there's far more to life for us. We're citizens of high heaven! We're waiting the arrival of the Savior, the Master, Jesus Christ, who will transform our earthly bodies into glorious bodies like his own. He'll make us beautiful and whole with the same powerful skill by which he is putting everything as it should be, under and around him."
Submit your life to the Christ today.

peace,

No comments: