Thursday, February 19, 2004

Throughout my life, I have typically had 1 or 2 good friends in which I hung with but never stayed in one place long enough to go too deep with them. I probably only have one friend that I have stayed in close touch with for over 10 years now, the rest have lost their contact. But now I have an enormous supply of great friends. Guys with whom I have spent a lot of intentional time with and would do anything for me. They make me a better Father, Husband, Neighbor and Christ Follower. Fight Club last night confirmed that. Rains, Glenn, Chad and I had great conversation and laughed a lot! I totally needed it, a great stress relief. We intertwine between theological quandries, cultural hot topics, severe satire of one another and general absurdity. Last night Glenn treated us to a moving rendition of Steve Green's "People Need the Lord" and Ray Boltz "Watch the Lamb" right in the middle of Red Robin Restaraunt. It was EPIC. I'm surrounded by brohterhood like I've never had in my life. I don't want it to ever end. Come March 12-14, about a dozen guys from the midwest region will be camping down in Kentucky just to celebrate our brotherhood and friendship. Life is good and so is the God who brought us together. I believe the key for us is not in trying to organize our influence or structure our friendships into a "greater impact ministry", but rather to enjoy what is before us. To drink deep in the well of peace and contentment and encourage others to do the same.

Seek out spiritual friendships and make them the point of your life. It seems to be one of those Kingdom secrets.

peace,

No comments: