Monday, June 28, 2004

Holy exhaustion, Batman! I've been procrastinating on a job for almost a year. Friends of ours offered us their swingset and mega-cool fort if we came to their house, took it apart and hauled it to our own yard. I did the swingset last summer and the fort has been hanging over my head since last 4th of July. I spent 9 1/2 hours on Saturday tearing this beast apart with the hope of putting it back together again. Spent 7 hours today hammering my brains out to put it back together in a secure fashion. The job is done. I have about 7 blisters on my hands but it looks pretty good if I do say so myself. I added a tarp roof for good measure. Fireman's pole, rope ladder, climbing rope, slide, sandbox, roofed fort and 4 swings. Can't wait to hear which of my kids will be the first one to say "I'm so borrrrrred". I'll start telling stories of how I use to have to walk to a park up hill both ways when I wanted to swing or slide. Oh well, i have that 'good' kind of tired and sore thing happening. I thought school teachers were just supposed to sit on their butts and watch soap operas in the summertime? i hope your back feels better than mine.

peace,

No comments: