Thursday, June 24, 2004

What a good day. Made some bookings for the Europe trip. Palmer and I will be staying 2 nights at Norhtumbria Christian Community in north England and then moving from there for 2 nights in Edinburgh, Scotland at a hostel. Have more work to do planning the rest of the trip, but the 1st half is now in stone.

Met up with Johnson from Veritas for a pre-dinner showing of "Saved". It has a lot of parallels to my day job. I didn't know whether to laugh at it or just feel really sad that its close to the reality of a Christian High School. I imagine there are many out there in the sub-culture of Christian enterprise that are not thrilled with this flick. However, I didn't like the quality of the movie. I give it 1 1/2 stars. Or maybe it just means that I'm too old to appreciate it.

Had fight club dinner with Rains, Klinefelter and Johnson yet again. Really good conversation about our thoughts on local gatherings, regional gatherings and national gatherings. And it looks as if the Bishop down in Fla. is on the same page as us in his thinking. We need another missional community (christian) love fest so we can all enjoy the company again. I'm always up for a Kingdom party and am missing many of you whom I haven't seen in awhile (bishops, kecks, evans, miah, michigan crew, PA folks, Hunter etc. etc.)

After more conversation and coffee at barnes and noble, Johnson and I headed back to the theater for the 2nd part of our double feature. We saw "The Terminal" with Tom Hanks. Now that's a quality movie. I give it 3 1/2 stars. Fun characters, good story, well made, great pace, good villain and the eastern european accent made me think about going to the Ukraine in about a month.

peace to you and your house tonight,

No comments: