Thursday, October 14, 2004

So I say good morning
to the God who raises my countenance and lifts my head,
to the God who speaks and light appears,
to the God who walks and mountains tremble,
to the God who walks out of tombs and opens graves that were seemingly shut,
to the God who touches eyes so they can see,
to the God who tells lame men that they can walk again,
to the God who sets captives free,
to the God who makes accusers drop their stones,
to the God who was, is and always will be,
to the God who created an unshakeable kingdom,
to the God who takes the orphan in an embrace,
to the God who formed me in the womb,
to the God who rescued me from myself,
to the God who makes new beginnings,
to the God who has never let me go,
to the God who passionately pursued me ever since the Garden,
to the God who lives within me this day,
To you, O God, I say Good Morning.

peace unto your day,

No comments: