Monday, May 30, 2005

back in the land of the living

Got back safely from our senior trip to Myrtle Beach, S.C. and let's just say it was eventful. Mary Ann tried to warn me, and well, she was right. It was Black Bike Week 2005, that means we shared the area w/ 260,000 african american bikers. Our hotel had private security, cops on every floor 24/7, the National Guard had a presence and Federal Agents on the main blvd. It was pretty wild. Nothing like bringing the graduating class of Cincinnati Christian High School right in the middle of modern day Sodom. I couldn't even begin to explain to you the things we saw, it was Epic :)
Had a great time with the students though, great conversations about their passions and their futures. Im pretty stoked about the possibility of a newly birthed house church of some incoming college freshman. This was possibly my best year of teaching and I'm gonna miss these guys pretty badly. I'm giving the commencement address at graduation this coming Sunday so I have to make my thoughts more concise by then.

Exam week at school this week and then I'm done for the summer. Starting to put together some goals for the summer physically, spiritually and professionally. I'm ready to wrap up the year and begin the summer season. Hopefully I'll have time to be more thoughtful on my blog this week.

peace,

No comments: