Sunday, May 15, 2005

I can see the light at the end of the tunnell

Nothing personal about the blog hiatus but I've been consumned with many things.

1) Praying for Palmer. He is having no fun, in quite a bit of pain. We trust in you, Lord.
2) I have one last week of teaching for the 2004-05 school year plus exams, let's get this party started.
3) I will be chaperoning the senior trip to Myrtle Beach, S.C. next week. I guess you can call it a business trip.
4) Had a great time at our denominational annual conference in Cleveland on Friday. Yes, you read that right, my wife and I had a great time. It wasn't without moments of cringing and shuddering. But for the most part we belong to a healthy, diverse spiritual family that supports us and seek to understand our paradigm. I got a chance to teach a seminar on challenges/opportunities of the emerging culture which went over well. I don't apologize for being part of a denomination.
5) 2 great bbq's this weekend at our house. I grilled for 50-60 people the past couple of days, my famous tyriaki burgers. Great time and always great conversation around the fire in the backyard, plus mixing in some iPod tunes.
6) My N.T. Survey course that I'm teaching for Indiana Wesleyan University on Wednesday evenings is approaching its 3rd week of 5. This class has been a blast. The small group of nurses are completely enveloped in the story of the NT and make teaching it a complete joy. They are taking it as an elective to their Masters program and our conversations have been annointed. The 4 hours of class seem to fly by. This is part of the beauty of education, particularly when the learners are motivated.
7) Preparing for summer break. Need to get my India/Germany trip together.
8) Mulling over the commencement address for graduation this year. I'm sure I'll change it 6 more times between now and June 5.

Come June 3, I'll be finished with my day job for awhile and be reminded of the 3 best reasons to be a teacher: 1) June 2) July & 3) August. : )

peace,

No comments: