Thursday, May 05, 2005

Palmer needs our prayers today

As of 10 a.m., Palmer will be in surgery to remove the tumor and do some repair work. Abba Father, go and be w/ Palmer this morning. May your Kingdom be near to him and may the hands of the surgeon be your hands. Holy Spirit we trust in you.

I'm not afraid to admitt that I'm still recovering from the run last Sunday. The soreness is gone but the fatigue remains. I'm looking forward to gettting back to my training this weekend as I plan to run 2 more 1/2 marathons in the Fall.

I started teaching a college night course last night of New Testament Survey for Indiana Wesleyan University satelite campus here in Cincy. Its a class of nurses taking an elective course to gain credits towards their masters in nursing. There are only 4 of them, one is a Jehovah's Witness, 2 have left the Church and one is pretty connected to Christ. It was so much fun discussing the background to the story of the NT because they were so engaged. We ended the night reading through the Sermon on the Mount and making life applications. They were reading it for the 1st time and just soaking it in and feeling the tension of these hard teachings. It made for a long day of teaching but its these moments of why I teach.

Stop and notice the Kingdom amongst you today,

No comments: