Saturday, April 15, 2006

a broken cup pours out

i didn't mean to, i just came to my computer to look up a Scripture before heading to bed, and then it began happening,

I am overwhelmed, with Spirit, with sorrow, with loss, with treachery, with evil, with pain, with sin, with brokennes . . . and then with unexplainable joy and unquenchable hope. my body is twitching with grief, my eyes are pouring out tears, my insides are all stirred up, my heart is in my throat . . . i weep and i weep and i weep. but what is coming out is not all sorrow, there's joy in these tears. alongside my pain is a hope that is welling up in me and i can hardly contain myself. i don't know what you believe about the tongues of the Spirit but they begin in my soul and i can't contain them.

i used to have this experience when weekly I would drive home from Seminary at Asbury in KY late on Thursday nights and when I would reach the lights of my city (the Nati) I would begin to weep in my car. I could feel the pain in the hearts of my neighbors and I longed to shepherd them back to the heart of Abba. i can feel and sense darkness, I can smell the stench of sin and when i see it in me, I am poured out.

this world is inexplicably connected to the world we can't see. i can feel Palmer's presence, i know Chad has visited me, they are not far away. their physical death's has blown up my sense of purpose in this world. what i thought was important, just doesn't seem so. rather, I see a Kingdom Coming, one that is rising up and coming down. the tides are coming in and warning us of their entrance. the Power of God is running through my body and is showing me that His Reign is upon us. humbled by His Presence, He is alive and He is coming. His life streams as a river from the Temple and everything it touches breeds hope.

He is Alive. Ring the bells, shout from the mountaintops, His promised hope is upon us. His Kingdom is being poured out. Friends, receive it. jump in the river and let it take you to the heart of the One who made you.

Life is here, hold nothing back, let it Reign. This Spirit of life is preparing us for more battle and more of the enemy's land. Our King is alive and He is returning. I swear singular allegiance to the King and I can see Him coming. His power is rolling out . . . roll on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on . . . til Kingdom comes in fullness.

"Early in the morning on the first day of the week, while it was still dark, Mary Magdelene came to the tomb and saw the stone was moved away from the entrance." (John 20:1) We will never give up, we are your people. We will never lose hope, elpida breathes in us. Resurrection is upon us.

No comments: