Friday, May 12, 2006

Psalm 117 (The Message)
1Praise GOD, everybody! Applaud GOD, all people!

2His love has taken over our lives;

GOD's faithful ways are eternal.

Hallelujah! al



For numerous reasons, I have found myself very thankful for the role of God in my life lately. The way his Spirit inspires me, the blessings of my family, the foundation of my spiritual community. the provision of daily bread and the tasting of a Kingdom now.

Tonight is one of the many BBQ's hosted at our home from Spring - Fall. They are regular open parties for our church community and any friends. Its a pretty simple formula: Food + Fire + Friends = Flippin' great time. (it could even categorize as official church time).

Its all about creating community in the suburbs. I know, I know . . . the "cool" emerging church folk all say that the focus should be in urban city environments and the such , but I've never been one to go with the crowd. Real, authentic Christian community can happen in the 'burbs if you plan for it and wait long enough to see it happen. Just my 2 cents.

peace,

No comments: