Monday, June 12, 2006

My Top 5 books (not called the Bible)

I was doing some teaching from Henri Nouwen's "In the Name of Jesus" this weekend and it made me think about my top 5 books. I'm sure I'll leave something out, but here it is off the top of my head:

1) Divine Conspiracy, Dallas Willard
2) Life Together, Dietrich Bonhoeffer
3) The Challenge of Jesus, N.T. Wright
4) In the Name of Jesus, Henri Nouwen
5) The Way, E. Stanley Jones

Man, as I write that, I have 12 other books just floating in my head. Now that I've been back exercising/lifting 3-5 times a week, I want to tackle my next discipline. I have not been a good reader this past year and my bookshelves are loaded with great books that need to be read or re-read. Bean has recently supplied me with a few new ones to chew on as well. I'm trying to moderate the T.V. in lieu of more reading. Its hard being a teacher, because the moment I read something inspiring, I want to start teaching it, instead of reading more. I love good books, but my passion gets in the way of me actually finishing them.

Going down to the ole' ballyard tonight since its my fault that the moment I blogged on the Reds, they lost 3 in a row. Time to get the train back on the right track.

peace,

No comments: