Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Peace in the Middle East?

Sitting here at the dealership waiting as my car is being worked on watching the latest pictures of Israel vs. Hezbollah and Israel vs. Palestinians and it just is not good. Everybody has their own opinions and everybody has their own theology of Israel and the middle east. Should the U.S. blindly support Israel? Should the American church blindly support Israel? Is the fighting birthpangs of end times? I'm sure as I type, books are being written w/ new prophecies and its a hot topic for several pulpits in America.

Call me a liberal, but I believe in the New Israel, which is not about land and nationhood, but now all the people of God building His Kingdom on earth. I don't have a prophetic (i.e. Israel mandate) nor a theological attachment for the nation of Israel (i.e. dispensational theology). They are not righteous and I don't suppport them. But in the same breath, I cannot support dehumanizing tactics of Hezbollah nor Hamas. What a mess. I'm for the people of the nations and for peace.

This fight is escalating and with Israel having killed 4 UN peacekeepers last night, it is not good internationally. US & Israel vs. UN & the World is not a good thing. It is all water under the bridge now, but I believe the forming of the nation of Israel in 1948 was unrighteous and forced by the hand of man, not governed by God. Of course, I live on land that was also taken by the hand of man from the native American. What a mess we all live in. Our world is broken. There is no one righteous, not even one.

God, may your Kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven.

peace in the middle east,

No comments: