Tuesday, October 07, 2003

"Christianity isn't a religion about going to Sunday School, potluck suppers, being nice, holding car washes, sending our second hand clothes off to Mexico - as good as thost things might be. This is a world at war. Something large and immensely dangerous is unfolding all around us, we are caught up in it, and above all we doubt we have been given a key role to play." - Waking the Dead, Eldredge

Does this measure up with your reality? Sometimes I wonder if I'm too dramatic, too much of a showman. And sometimes I wonder if I'm a hiding prophet who won't have the faith to articulate what he sees and hears from the heart of a God at war. I see and hear the pain of a people wrapped up in all the wrong values, not tasting the fruits of the Kingdom, but bearing the name of Christ. I live in this realit everyday amongst students who have heard it all before but not once tasted the Kingdom. And I don't know how to communicate it without being measured as such a threat that my job is in jeopardy. God give me the grace to be an agent of your Kingdom today. Amen.

peace,

No comments: