Tuesday, October 28, 2003

Coldplay "The Scientist"

Come up to meet you
Tell you I'm sorry
You don't know how lovely you are
I had to find you...
Tell you I need you
Tell you I set you apart

Tell me your secrets
And ask me your questions
Oh let's go back to the start...
Running in circles; coming in tails
Heads on a silence apart

Nobody said it was easy
It's such a shame for us to part
Nobody said it was easy
No one ever said it would be this hard
Oh take me back to the start

I was just guessing at numbers and figures
Pulling your puzzles apart
Questions of science; science and progress
Do not speak as loud as my heart

Tell me you love me
Come back and haunt me
Oh and I rush to the start
Running in circles, chasing our tails
Coming back as we are

Nobody said it was easy
Oh it's such a shame for us to part
Nobody said it was easy
No one ever said it would be so hard
I'm going back to the start

This just seems to be my story with God. Ebbs and flows. When my mind and training compartmentalize Him into a system, His Spirit and my restless heart just break through. And its not easy to live out the disciplines as communion with Him but its so sweet, so filling, so overwhelming to the soul. But back at the start, back to my primal needs, back to a reckless love and a Grace that is always abounding. My faith is a story with God, a story of pain and heartache and joy and peace. As I listened to this song this morning, my heart just lept out of my chest. I'm so in love with my God, I'm so in love with my community, I'm so in love with the missing children of God who I will encounter today. The Kingdom is here and it has not slowed down a notch regardless of our perceptions. May the gates of hell rattle some more today as the Kingdom invades the world through us today. Be free to enjoy the Kingdom today.

peace,


1 comment:

site said...

Oh my god, there is a great deal of helpful data above!