Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Just got back from Philly for my grandmother's funeral. Had some miserable flights and connections, plust they lost my luggage and I didn't receive it til 15 min. before the funeral at the funeral home. I'm not a big fan of Northwest Airlines right now.

It was a pretty good service time there, the Marshall side of my family are pretty good story tellers. Lots of laughter and lots of good stories. It was real casual, real warm and deeply spiritual. good stuff. My grandmother was one of those people who was very open about her excitement to see Jesus face to face so it was easy to grieve her with many words of hope. I caught up with cousins that I was close to as a kid but haven't connected with in 12 years or more. So the reflecting was fun too.

This was also one of about 5 events I can think of in my life where my Mom and my Dad have been in the same room. Since they divorced before I was born, this is a rare occasion. Seeing them together is kind of eery though. Like, "what would my life have been like if these 2 learned how to make their marriage work?" I also was given the honor of closing the eulogy time with some words and prayer. I was able to share my heart through the Spirit and it was easy to honor somebody like my grandmother, an amazing woman.

I need some rest and family time tonight. peace-out.

No comments: