Friday, December 10, 2004

Ok, feeling 1,000% better this morning. Like a 24 hour oppression bug.

Thanks to all my community out there who encouraged me with words sprinkled w/ grace and wisdom. Thanks to all of you who were praying for me behind my back, the Spirit did come alongside. Thanks to Nicki McG. for her sharing of prophetic Scripture. Thanks to Rains and Creech for letting me vent a bit fulfilling your monk vows of availability and brotherhood(yet again). Thanks to Paul for coming out to keep me company last night.

What was my remedy last night? I took myself to dinner. Went to Barnes and Noble and skimmed a book on Zen meditation and Henri Nouwen's "Turn my mourning into dancing", drank a Starbucks mocha, Paul showed up and we skimmed picture books of really big guns and fantasized about releasing some stress by firing those bad boys, I bought a CD (Death Cab for Cutie) and then we went and saw the movie "I am David". Really good, well made, innocent movie. Then did some communicating with my wife last night and this morning. All of that helps.

So today is a new day. I was down but not out. I am never alone. Tonight is the annual OCC Christmas party, that's exaclty what the doctor ordered. When the enemy comes at us and God allows us to have a dark night of the soul, it is never fatal. As followers of the Christ, we have a nasty habit of Rising Again.

thanks to the One who says . . . "behold, I am making all things new"

1 comment:

comprar tablet pc said...

Pretty effective piece of writing, thanks for the post.