Monday, June 20, 2005

T minus 4 days

Come Friday morning, my daughter Alison and my Mom and I will be starting a long couple days of aviation to Bangalore, India. Ali and my Mom will be teaching pre-school and ministering to kids at an orphanage there. I will be teaching at some churches, seminary classes, doing a seminar w/ local pastors on house churching and trekking to some remote location for a few days to establish a church plant. I believe I'm going to center the majority of my teaching around the Gospel of Luke, the Kingdom being opened to outsiders. It will be a full couple of weeks, tasting the culture and learning the people. There is much prep-work to do.

This past weekend we had our first Ordinary Community Church camp-out at Hueston Woods near Oxford and it was a blast. Our family camped out there Friday and Saturday night and most of the church folk met us out there on Saturday. We hung at the beach for the majority of the day, grilled out dinner at a picnic grove and broke into some worship under the trees. Later in the evening we headed back to our campsite for a fire, smores and laughter. Life is good lived in community.

Palmer had a successfurl surgery but has a long road of recovery in front of him. I can only imagine how crushed his body must feel. But the God of healing, comfort and recovery is with him. The God who knit him together in his mother's womb is the same one that can put him back together and make him whole again. A healthy Palmer is a constant threat to our Enemy, proclaiming Kingdom and inviting others into the story of becoming the people of God. Heal on my friend.

Stop and notice the Kingdom around you today,

No comments: