Wednesday, June 29, 2005

India Report #2

It Wednesday morning here at 11:23 a.m. and I have just completed my 3rd of 6 teachings on the day. Opened up with morning devotions with the school staff, then to a lecture at the seminary on poetic motifs in Scripture then to a 6th grade bible class on Noah. I'm wearing many different hats. The lecture at the seminary went particularly well speaking on the poetic drama in Luke 7 of Jesus' broken heart the widow's dead son and raising him from the dead. The Poetic motif is that it drives home one of the overriding themes in all of God's revelation, that is the fact of Immanuel, God with us. When we know that God is with us, all things become possible. The poetic nature of Immanuel is something we should all breathed in deeply. I also taught the poetic metaphors of wisdom in Proverbs. That God's wisdom is written into the code of the universe and if you live in the Way, you find a life of satisfying blessing.

Ali is doing great, just going with the flow. She amazes me with her spontaneity and questions. The president of the seminary had been observing her since we came and last night after dinner, he turned to me and said, "this girl of yours is quite smart." That I'll have to agree with. She has a sharp mind and seeks to understand. I can only imagine what God has in store for her.

The children here are over the top cute. They wear these British uniforms which clash with their dark skin. They have disciplined manners, very clean and speak with a mix of Indian and British accent. In my last class, a girl with pigtails said, "please sir, sing us a song?" (sounded incredibly like Oliver, "please sir, may I have some more?") I was able to refuse but I'll have to give them a little show next week when I'm with them again.

Many of you must be praying for us because I have a strong dose of the Spirit while teaching. So for that I say thank you and please keep it up.

Blessings and peace unto your day,

No comments: