Thursday, June 23, 2005

Where would I be without community?

I've been feeling a lot of stress about this trip to India in just trying to prepare myself but these past 24 hours have been therapeutic. Spent yesterday morning w/ Doc playing some early Golf and just enjoyed our friendship and our desire to be influencers amongst students. Went to the Reds day game and had dinner w/ Glenn Johnson and that always just encourages me. He challenged some of my thinking and desire to be "in control" as I go and it was exactly what I needed to hear. Just had an early morning coffee meeting w/ Paul McGillivary and that was also just what the doctor ordered. Our talks always get me really fired up but this time it really gave me the perspective I needed to teach from. I feel more prepared to go and release the Kingdom virus to the people God is preparing and to see Him set captives free. I want to share the depths and reality of Kingdom Come to the people of India and encourage them to act out this Story in small communities that live missionally to the people around them. I may not have all the outlines and linear teaching points, but I do know that the Holy Spirit is alive and well in India. If I listen and commune w/ Him then I can unleash the gifts he has planted within me. Thank you Jesus for this opportunity to be a learner and a servant of your Way.

I will miss my family terribly, it is really starting to hit me. I am so glad that Ali will be with me, but I will ache for Nicki, Megan and Zach. 3 weeks is the longest I've ever been gone. To the people of Ordinary Community, please look after my family while I'm gone. Be the arms of Jesus wrapped around them, supporting them, comforting them and providing for them. Ali and I go as representatives of our faith community, proclaiming the Gospel with words and actions. Thank you to Ordinary Community for the support and permission to go.

I have no idea what my access to the internet will be while there. But any opportunity I get, I will update my blog here w/ details and stories of what is happening so check in for updates.

May the peace of Christ go with all of us this day as we proclaim and live in the Kingdom of God.

No comments: