Friday, January 27, 2006

Celtic Daily Prayer

I have gotten back to reading and praying the Daily Office from Celtic Daily Prayer and I'm wondering why I ever stopped. I have resumed finding my center in Christ through the morning prayers and canticle, next step is the mid-day prayer. Then would be resuming the evening office and night canticle with my wife and children before bed.

I have fallen into the lie of the busy and the urgency of the immediate. That way of thinking is worldly and leads to a scattered soul. Temptation seems more rational in that state, instead of the festering invitation to death that it really is. Stopping to breathe in my relationship with Abba in the morning through CDP is my launching point.

Lord have mercy. Christ have mercy. Lord have mercy.

peace,

No comments: