Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The Reign of God

I'm dealing with the emotional and mental part of this deal, realizing that my life will be qualitatively different for 6 months. There is a lot of disappointment in all of that. Surgery will be on Thursday morning and the idea of that leaves my stomach feeling a bit queazy.

However, there is another side to this. My life will have to slow down, and that can be its own opportunity. When it comes to 6 months of rehab, instead of being impatient about getting it over with, I could make a choice to monk it. Think slow, deliberate, steady, breathe in the moments, pray unceasingly, gain inner and outer strength.

With all of life's disappointments, they fall under the same rule of God as our blessings. I live in a covenant relationship with the God of Creation. It is under His reign that ALL of my life is under. So I don't have to be strong, rather, I am coming needy today. My life is secure because it belongs to the Kingdom of God and is experienced under His Reign.

peace,

No comments: