Friday, January 20, 2006

Personal Retreat

After I give my last exam today, I'm going on personal retreat. I need to rest, think, pray, be alone, relax, worship, write, recreate, plan . . . and did I mention rest? I've been carrying some stress and pressures more than usual this past month and my wife is giving me space to take some personal time. My wife is pretty great.

God - you're my God! I can't get enough of you! I've worked up such hunger and thirst for God, traveling across dry and weary deserts. So here I am in the place of worship, eyes open, drinking your strength and glory. In your generous love I am really living at last! My lips brim praise like fountains. I bless you every time I take a breath; My arms wave like banners of praise to you.
excerpt from Psalm 63 - The Message

may you find peace where you are,

1 comment:

site said...

Oh my god, there is really much worthwhile data in this post!