Tuesday, September 09, 2003

Ok, I've been complaining about a lack of connection with the ultimate reality, no intimacy time with God, no time to connect with my heart. Well, tonight after reading a book with my daughters, praying with them and putting them to bed, Ali starts to tell me how thankful she is for God. Something like, "I'm so thankful for God. He's given us everything. This house, food, our money, all the people I love, everything. I'm so glad we have God, he's so good to us." (all while climbing up to the top bunk and getting in bed). All my whining seems so insignificant. Ali gets it. A small time of reflection. A moment of gratitude for a God worthy of worship. Solitude in the midst of routine gaining perspective for a peaceful night of rest.

"Let these children alone. Don't get between them and me. These children are the kingdom's pride and joy. Mark this: Unless you accept God's Kingdom in the simplicity of a child, you'll never get in." -Luke 18 (The Message)

Thank you for teaching me tonight, Ali. I'm thankful to our God for you tonight.

peace,
Marsh

No comments: