Thursday, January 27, 2005

"One day in one of the villages there was a man covered with leprosy. When he saw Jesus he fell down before him in prayer and said, 'If you want to, you can cleanse me.' Jesus put out his hand, touched him, and said, 'I want to. Be clean.' Then and there his skin was smooth, the leprosy gone." -Luke 5 (The Message)

My brother/friend, Palmer, found out last week that he has a tumor behind his rectum. This is the news that I referred to that kind of rocked my world. Considering his wife, Jennifer, crossed over to Kingdom fullness a year and a half ago at 26 w/ stomach cancer, the irony just smelled so much of the enemy's stench.

And so I come before you Lord, I come with the knowledge knowing that if you want to, you can heal him completely. That you could glorify yourself with your power amongst us. Jesus I ask you to "want to". Jesus, would you clean this sickness out of Mark's body? Would you touch the part that is unclean and renew the flesh? God, hear the prayers of your people, rising to you from all corners of your Body, on behalf of a fellow servant who lives a life of allegiance to you solely. God I want you to "want to"! You speak with words of life, speak into Mark's body today. Heal him and magnify yourself in that community. God, I want you to "want to".

Please pray for my friend.

Stop and notice the Kingdom amongst you today,

No comments: