Tuesday, January 18, 2005

"A white-tailed deer drinks from the creek;
I want to drink God,
deep draughts of God.
I'm thirsty for God-alive,
I wonder, "Will I ever make it -
arrive and drink in God's presence?" - Psalm 42 (The Message)

I want to be a man of God. I want to be a genuine follower of Christ. I want to be a man of the Gospel. I want to be a man of the Kingdom.

But in all this I fall short. It at times leaves me in shame, that I could be so close and yet still choose my own way and it leads to death. I believe in the power and accessibility of Kingdom Now, but rarely do I remain in its flow. Why can't I unplug from the influences of this world so as to focus more on the Kingdom that is unseen? What payoff am I getting from this unrennovated way of thinking/living? I fear that I am spending too much time teaching Bible and not enough time breathing it in for life itself. I'm wanting a new mind today, one that is craving the things of the Spirit. I want to drink of the wells that give life and pay attention to the Source of life. I believe its an act of will to turn my allegiance to Him, but His grace is always pulling me in that direction. I don't know why I ever resist, I need to let go of myself in His current today.

peace,

No comments: