Monday, April 11, 2005

Training report

I have re-started another 12 weeks of Body for Life, but a bit modified from the more stringent first 12 weeks.

In preparation for the 1/2 Marathon on May 1, yesterday I completed 11 1/2 miles in 80 degree heat. I'm quite a bit on the sore and tender side today but am encouraged that I recovered from my "dead legs" period last week that I didn't think would end.

Had an amazing bbq on saturday night to celebrate my brother in law's healing and a chance to break out my new 60,000 BTU 5 burner stainless steel grill that is a monstrosity of manliness. I'm looking forward to bonding w/ that thing all summer long. So many good friends. I played 80's new wave "name that band" w/ my ipod around the fire which was fun and Paul Mcgillivary was the last to leave around 1 a.m. after much good Kingdom conversation. I love this stuff.

peace,

No comments: