Monday, August 22, 2005

Back to School

Today is the 1st day of school and in Christian School style, we began with a 45 min. guilt-trip assembly to keep order. I suppose structure is needed in any group setting but what I can never understand is why teachers/authority require respect but don't seem obliged to give respect to students. I've always notices that when I give students the benefit of the doubt, they respond to me respectfully.

Another side note is that its great having Aaron Klinefelter on staff. Somebody else to interpret reality with and influence students in healthy ways. He is teaching some Bible, doing a Cisco training class and full-time overwhelmed as the resident IT artist. I'm sure he is at full culture shock of the christian school enviorment by now.

Celtic Daily Prayer really struck me today in the Finan reading:
We are peculiar. We have chosen not to go with the majority. Whe shall pray and reflect on the life of Christ: most people don't do this . . . But there has probably never been a time in history when the majority of people were seriously seeking Him!


We are not different because our shirts are tucked in or because our hair is cut short or because I don't have my ear ring in or because my tattoo isn't showing. (all rules to live by here at CCS) We are different because of His transforming love. It changes us, makes us think and live differently. It causes us to seek life instead of dabble in things that are dead. I want to seek the life within His love today.

Stop and notice the Kingdom amongst you today,

No comments: