Tuesday, August 30, 2005

An Invitation

"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me - watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavey or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly." Matthew 11:28-30

Been meditating on this invitation the past couple of days and having students journal on it, so I thought I'd blog it. We are studying the topic of Spiritual Formation which is all about the unforced rythms of grace. I admit that I"m still learning exactly what that means. Its a mystical and spiritual process of being drawn into His presence and walking in it completely changed from the inside of my heart. Today in my heart, I feel sad for those suffering through the hurricane. I can hear the cries of people calling from their underwater homes last night. Some of them left their life on earth last night as I slept. I pray that God knows and is present with them.

peace,

No comments: