Sunday, March 28, 2004

My Xavier Musketeers finally ended their season this evening much to my dismay. They just didn't make the big plays in the final 4 minutes and the hated Dukies did. We outplayed everybody's expectations making this a fun tourney to watch this year. As for who's left, I picked UCONN from the get-go so I'll stick with them. Okafor is a beast in the middle

I really loved hanging out with my friend Bill Clark, who flew in from Seattle on sat. night as he prepares for some teaching in missions here locally. He and his family are missionaries to Kazakstahn and absolutely one of the most sanctified and holy guys I get to hang out with this side of the Kingdom. He's a great humble and calming influence on me. We sat around a fire in my backyard til 1:30 a.m. on saturday just with Kingdom talk, what a great bro.

As a side note for those tracking my physical progress or regress. As of this morning, I have officially lost 20 lbs. in 7 weeks via a moderate Atkins diet and pretty rigorous workouts 4-5 times a week. I feel good, getting stronger all the time and feel as if I can maintain this pace for a long duration til my goal weight is attained. I can say I am almost halfway there and realize it will be possibly a year until I reach my goal. But my race is that of the turtle, I'm getting too old for the rabbit mentality anymore.

This week is all about one thing: preparation. Next week is Spring Break for me and at 7:46 a.m. Sat. morning, my family and I are boarding a plane for Orlando and spending 9 days in Disney World. We love all the activity and options with our kids, we're just about professionals at this point in our strategies and disney experience. Its our way of pouring $$ back into the economy and bowing to the consumer gods. I relax best by being with my family and having the opportunity towards an overwhelming experience. I am really looking forward to this trip, it will prove to be a memory maker in one fashion or another. And I thank our missionary supporter who has given us this trip the past 2 years. Sometimes being a man of the cloth has its perks :)

peace,

1 comment:

site said...

In my opinion one and all should browse on this.