Wednesday, November 17, 2004

"All of my days . . . You've shown yourself in mysterious ways,
Not always clear to me in the heat of the race,
But I am sure I've seen your image."
-portion of "At Your Table" by Beth Wacome Keck

"Show me how you work, God; School me in your ways.
Take me by the hand; Lead me down the path of truth.
You are my Savior, aren't you?"
-Psalm 25 (The Message)

I love questions. They intrigue me. They involve mystery and the unknown and that captures my imagination and creativity. I love that my relationship with Christ because its open and not controlled. I mean, there is still so much about Him that I have no clue of or have even discovered. Deeper wells of grace and truth that I have yet to tap in my lifetime. I'm not really a person who wished that God was more like Science, known entities and full proof measurements, that stuff doesn't capture me. I like the unknown, I like mystery. Well, I guess I say that when things are going well. When my enemies are closing in, I like to know that He's a Rock of stability and salvation. I don't want to ever lose the awe and wonder of my salvation.

Take me by the hand today, Lord, I'll follow.

peace,

No comments: