Friday, November 19, 2004

Been doing some reflecting w/ senior Bible classes today on what we have to be thankful for. We spend so much time griping, complaining, moaning about what we don't have, what we think we need, what we're disappointed with, what doesn't fit our agenda, what doesn't work for us, what we don't prefer etc. etc.

What must this sound like to the God who made us? Who created wonders for us to see and beautiful things in life for us to taste? To honor Him, to thank Him, to praise Him ought not to be overlooked.

So here is my thankful list as is in my mind this morning:
- my wife, I couldn't be more in love. She's an amazing person and Mom. And, she's Hot!
- my kids, they have changed me. I love spending time with them. They amaze me with their learning and their growing up. I can't wait to see how they will bring more of the Kingdom to earth.
- my friends. I have for my lifetime longed for the friends that I presently have. I have hoards of people who love me and would do anything for me. Guys I can share my deepest thoughts with and my closet of skeletons. We share a faith that will never end.
- my health. I have done well so far, but if I'm not more intentional, I might not be able to say this 10 years from now.
- my calling. I feel called to teach and announce the good news of the Kingdom. I'm not doing it as much as I want to but in a way I get to use it as my vocation as well, so that's cool.
- my home. A place to make memories with my family and provide hospitality for more Kingdom work.
- my frivolous comforts. I won't list them or you'll think less of me.
- my ongoing salvation in Christ and the experience of Kingdom come.

Stop and be thankful for the Kingdom today,

No comments: