Friday, December 09, 2005

Snow Day!!


Couldn't be better timing, a 3 day weekend for my birthday. Yee haw.

Gonna spend our day going to see Narnia at noon w/ the family. We've been reading the books at bedtime for a couple months. Right now my daughters are out back looking for Aslan's footprints in the snow. After the movie it will be time to do some sledding then the obligatory hot chocolate.

My birtday gift from my wife this year is an overnight trip to Cleveland on Saturday for a nice dinner and then the U2 concert. Needless to say, i'm pretty stoked about that. This will be my 2nd U2 concert, last went in 2003 in Philly. Bono fascinates me, I admit I'm in love. In a platonic, respect your views kind of way :) His theology, his compassion for the world, his passion for life, his genuine character, his artistic craft, his politics etc. etc. I've been hooked for quite some time.

And . . . this will be a serous date night with my wife, who is the real love of my life. This is the best gift I could receive, alone time with my beloved. This has been a very trying week for us, its not the first one in our 12 1/2 years of marriage, but a trying one nonetheless. Her pep talks this week brought a lot of things into perspective, she most assuredly completes me. Our lives exist together as a stumbling block to the enemy's work. We are comitted to God's purposes on earth, His Kingdom has come. If anyone questions that, they just need to get to know us.

Have a Kingdom Come kind of weekend. Peace,

No comments: