Thursday, February 02, 2006

Out from under the knife

Had surgery this morning to repair my achilles tendon and according to the doctor, all went as planned. I have some Kevlar threads tieing my tendon together to encourage a complete healing. What is left is a hard cast to my knee which isn't much fun. I'm having some pain, some soreness and swelling, but nothing too major. I'm loaded with supplies of percoset, vicodin, anti-biotics and muscle relaxers. So I have all I need to stay comfy. Nicki rented me some movies, otherwise I'm watching a lot of ESPN Classic, The Learning Channel, History Channel, Discovery Channel and VH1. I can't remember the last time I've sat down and watched this much TV.

We're hosting our annual Super Bowl party on Sunday regardless of my condition. If you're in the area and need a place to watch the game and hang out w/ cool folk, you're invited. That includes those of you active in the Sunday night Student House Church. The party starts at 5, bring something to pass around.

* I need to say a HUGE thank you to somebody out there who responded to my frustration a few posts back about the financial implications of my procedures and Zach's test. I received an annonomous card in my school mailbox with an extremely generous gift of cash. There are not many people at our school with disposable income so I know that this was sacrificial giving and I can't tell you how much my family is thankful and how much it communicated hope to me. Thank you.

The Percoset is starting to kick in, I better stop typing or I might say something unnatural.

peace,

No comments: