Monday, February 21, 2005

Body For Life Update:
At the conclusion of week #7, I have lost 25 lbs. and about 2 waist sizes. Strength training is thinning me out and giving me stability for my running. My goal was to run a 5K in March and a 10K in April but I'm pretty far ahead of schedule so the plan has changed. I will be running a 10K on March 12, a 15k on April 3 and a half marathon (13.1 miles) on May 1. This is a very aggressive plan but its just right to keep me focused.

Tonight I did something I've never done before. I ran 5 1/2 miles. I've been running 3 miles, 3 times a week for a few weeks so I just about doubled it tonight. Its a little over an hour of running for my big frame and I almost stepped on a skunk, but all is well. Looking forward to a couple days of rest until the next run but its definitely a feeling of accomplishment.

Its amazing how much my physical progress has affected me spiritually. Winning some physical battles has energized me for winning spiritual battles. I have a lot more energy for serving, teaching, thinking, loving, leading etc. I think I'm a better husband because I have more energy to help around the house and lighten the burden for my wife. I notice that I am playing more with my kids and my confidence being up in front teaching has increased. In addition, I'm sleeping well and that affects everything. If any of you are looking for a plan to make some positive changes in your physical life, I highly reccomend Body for Life. Its not rocket science and its not a magic pill, but its a good plan.

peace,

No comments: