Saturday, February 26, 2005

Maybe I've been watching too many movies lately, (Constantine last night and re-watching The Last Samurai now), but the whole idea of war and fighting has been on my mind. I believe that I am not just made of flesh and blood, but that I am also a spiritual person. My battles are not fought in the physical world, but in the spiritual realm and it has direct effects in the physical realm. I believe that the Kingdom of Heaven and the stench of Hell are nearby and at certain times and in certain places, I am more aware of their presence. One of my favorite lines from "Fight Club" is: "Its not until you've lost everything that you are finally free to do anything." War with the Enemy is a one way street, once your in, your in. For whoever puts his hand to plow and looks back is not fit for the Kingdom of God.

I live at peace with all my neighbors but my heart is at war. I war against pain and hardship, despair and injustice. I war against hate and suffering, evil and my own selfish nature. I long for the day when the coming Kingdom is complete and the war will be over, but for now it wages on. I don't understand a Gospel without a war, I don't understand a Church without an army, I don't understand a pastor who is not a warrior. I don't love the fight, I just understand its reality. The Enemy is here to destroy the work of the Father, but the Kingdom is an unstoppable force. I war for the King.

Fear not for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

peace,

No comments: