Saturday, March 12, 2005

Ran my first race today, the Emerald Miles 10K run (6.2 miles). It was a fun atmosphere, just getting a feel of the enviorment for these local races. There are real runners and then there are the rest of us. My goal was to finish with a total time of 1 hour 13 min. or so. Well, we had the wind at our back for the last stretch and everything felt good, I finished at 1 hour 5 min. That was fun, running past the Reds and Bengals stadiums and along the Ohio River. This is the 1st step towards the Flying Pig 1/2 marathon on May 1. That is the finish line I am shooting for. I just read over that course and it has a 2 1/2 mile steep uphill portion to the top of a peak in the Nati. Let's just say that my training has just begun if I'm going to conquer that kind of giant. I love a competitive challenge and I have my hands full.

peace to you this weekend,

No comments: